The holidays are for family – and Ruth’s Chris is here to help ensure you can still celebrate with the ones you love, even if you can’t all be together in person. Use technology to see your loved ones as you enjoy a virtual holiday gathering and celebrate from home. And, of course, nothing would be the same without a wonderful feast. Ruth’s Chris Steak House is the perfect place to order a complete Christmas meal, combining elegance and refinement with family and comfort.
See our ideas on how to throw a virtual holiday celebration at home or place your order today for your holiday meal.
Using Technology to Connect with Family
Fortunately, we live in a world where we can see our loved ones faces with just the push of a button. Here are some ways technology can help you celebrate with your family:
Zoom: Create a meeting and send your family an easy one-step link! Zoom is a great way to get the family together with little to no technical difficulties. All you need to do is download the Zoom app, create a meeting, and send the link! Even easier, your family just needs to click the link and they’re ready for a virtual gathering!
FaceTime: If your family is all in on Apple products create a group call using FaceTime. Just FaceTime one family member, then use the “Add” feature to add more members to the call to chat together and see each other’s smiling faces!
Google Meet: This option is best for G Suite users. For this app, you just need to create a meeting on Google Calendar, then you’ll get a Meet Link to send your family. Finally, just click the link to join and everyone is in the same virtual room, thanks to technology!
All these apps and more are here to help you celebrate together while physically apart to ensure you can enjoy a safe (yet festive) holiday season.
Share a Meal Together
Order a takeout meal from Ruth’s Chris and have your family members join you for a virtual remote meetup. Just check out our delivery and takeout menus to see what sounds delicious to you! Or if a small in-person gathering is in your future, leave the cooking to us. New this year, your local Ruth’s Chris is offering a Christmas Carry Out Dinner that includes a starter, main course, choice or two sides and dessert for four people.
Plus, our Sides to Go menu is available for the holidays again this year. Options include:
- Creamed Spinach (serves 10)
- Sauteed Green Beans with Roasted Garlic (serves 10)
- Velvety Mashed Potatoes (serves 10)
- Sweet Potato Casserole with a Pecan-Brown Sugar Crust (serves 10)
- Lobster Mac & Cheese (serves 4)
Enjoy an upscale meal with your family – from the comfort of home – with help from Ruth’s Chris. Check out our menu and order online today.
Decorate, Bake or Do an Activity Together
A great way to connect with loved ones this holiday season is by picking an activity you can do together – virtually!
- Buy an ornament making kit and gather one day to create the ornament together via Zoom. Everyone who participates will have a fun memory and an ornament to put on the tree.
- Bake holiday cookies together. Choose the cookie you want to make, buy the ingredients, then everyone can follow the recipe from their individual homes. Bounce ideas off each other – add more cinnamon, add more chocolate – as you create holiday cookies to enjoy during the season.
- Decorate the tree together. If everyone gets their tree up around the same time, choose a day and time and start decorating together over FaceTime. Reminisce about holidays past as you unwrap ornaments that mean so much to you and your family.
Whatever you choose to do, do it together via Zoom, FaceTime or another shared video app. All you need to do is plan ahead and you can make this year’s holiday season one of the most memorable yet.
Let Ruth’s Chris Help You Enjoy the Holidays at Home This Year
We know the holidays look different in 2020, but Ruth’s Chris is here to help. Our takeout and delivery options can help you enjoy good food at home. Don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions and enjoy your holiday — no matter what your celebration may look like this year!