If you’re practicing social distancing these days, you can still spend time seeing family and friends and enjoying a meal together – whether it’s outside in your driveway, over Zoom or using FaceTime. Ruth’s Chris Steak House believes that the universally human experience of breaking bread together is essential—even if that means going virtual. Continue reading for ideas on planning online events, and for the ultimate virtual dinner party experience, make your reservation for our upcoming Wine Dinner featuring Foley Family Wines.
Host a Virtual Dinner Party
Technology makes it easy to see the faces of the ones you love when real life circumstances make it difficult to see each other in person. You may live far from children and grandchildren or are in quarantine at home. Maybe you’re worried about traveling or live alone and just need to see a friendly face after so much time apart. Whatever your circumstances, you can take matters into your own hands and do something as simple as throwing a dinner party over Zoom!
Cook one of our favorite recipes together – like Crab Cakes, Barbecued Shrimp or our famous Sweet Potato Casserole – or order carry out or delivery from your local Ruth’s Chris Steak House. The most important thing is that you’re all spending time together via video chat.
Here are the steps to take to ensure everyone has a fun evening enjoying dinner together:
- Send out invitations. You can go casual and start a group text or more formal and send out invitations via companies like Evite or Paperless Post.
- Choose a day and time and stick with it. You can even make it a regular weekly or monthly occurrence.
- Make it fun – choose a theme, have people wear funny hats or a shirt from their favorite football team, etc. It’s your time together, so make the most of it.
Invite everyone to come online and then enjoy each other’s company while you eat. And perhaps the best part of it all? You don’t have to cook and clean for a large number of people!
Attend a Formal Virtual Event Like a Ruth’s Chris Wine Dinner
If you’re not up for organizing anything, search for restaurant and winery events that allow you to take part virtually – like the Wine Dinner events at Ruth’s Chris Steak House.
This month, we’re hosting our first ever virtual wine dinner at Ruth’s Chris Steak House in collaboration with Foley Family Wines! Savor a chef-inspired, five-course meal prepared by your local Ruth’s Chris with Alan Crawford, Vice President of Luxury Brands at Foley Family Wines, as your Zoom host and emcee for the evening.
Participating restaurants include:
- Huntsville, AL – Virtual Only
- Alpharetta, GA – Virtual and In-Restaurant Options
- Atlanta (Buckhead), GA – Virtual and In-Restaurant Options
- Kennesaw, GA – Virtual Only
- Columbia, SC – Virtual and In-Restaurant Options
- Greenville (Downtown), SC – Virtual and In-Restaurant Options
- Myrtle Beach, SC – Virtual Only
- Chattanooga, TN – Virtual and In-Restaurant Options
Since we’ve paired every dish with one of four outstanding selections from Foley Family Wines portfolio, winemakers from the brand will guide you in a wine tasting at the start of each course. This is sure to be a night your taste buds won’t soon forget!
Make a reservation to attend the event by filling out the online form for the Ruth’s Chris near you. Treat it as a romantic date night for you and your spouse or invite a few other couples to participate. Either way, it’s sure to be an unforgettable evening of food, wine and fun.
If you can’t make this Wine Dinner, be sure to check the Ruth’s Chris Steak House website to see other upcoming in person or virtual events.
Keep Connecting After Your Meal
If you want to keep the good times rolling after dinner, there are plenty of fun activities you and your crew can do over the Internet.
- Host a wine-fueled Zoom karaoke session with the help of a synchronized player like Watch2Gether — it’s free!
- Watch a movie or binge-worthy TV show together through apps like Netflix Party, Amazon Prime Video’s Watch Party, and TwoSeven—compatible with Hulu, Disney+, and other streaming services.
- If you love games, you can find imitations of your favorite games online, including Cards Against Humanity, Scattergories, Heads Up and more.
Let Ruth’s Chris Steak House Help You Throw a Virtual Event to Remember
No matter how you decide to connect with friends and family from home, Ruth’s Chris is here for you. Join us in person for a safe and socially distanced dining experience at our restaurant or pick up a takeout order for a virtual event from home. We look forward to serving you!