As a pescatarian, dining out at some steakhouses can be difficult – but not at Ruth’s Chris Steak House! Don’t let our name fool you; steak isn’t the only thing on the menu at Ruth’s Chris. In fact, we specialize in succulent seafood appetizers and entrees featuring lobster, crab, salmon, tuna and much more.
Continue reading to learn more about the pescatarian options at Ruth’s Chris, or make a dinner reservation to dine with us this week.
Start Your Meal with Seafood Appetizers from Ruth’s Chris
Good news, pescatarians: The appetizers section of our menu consists almost entirely of seafood, so you’ll have no shortage of delicious options for your first course.
If you like shrimp, you’re in luck, because you will find a number of shrimp preparations among our starters: New Orleans style in a savory white wine reduction, fried in a spicy cream sauce, or poached and chilled with classic dipping sauces.
Take a closer look at our seafood appetizers below:
- Shrimp: Barbecued Shrimp, Spicy Shrimp, Shrimp Cocktail or Remoulade
- Crab: Sizzling Crab Cakes, Stuffed Mushrooms
- Miscellaneous Seafood: Seared Ahi Tuna, Chilled Seafood Tower (Maine lobster, Alaskan king crab legs, jumbo shrimp, colossal lump crabmeat, etc.)
You can also start your meal with a salad. Our classic Caesar Salad and House Salad are both meat-free and delicious, and you can order any of our other salads without bacon. Just talk to your server ahead of time to make sure he or she knows you are a pescatarian.
Dine on Seafood Entrees Perfect for a Pescatarian Diet
As previously mentioned, we serve much more than steak at Ruth’s Chris. We’re also known for our variety of seafood entrees. Therefore, you’ll find a variety of pescatarian-friendly main dishes on our menu, including Chilean sea bass, salmon, and lobster. Check them out below to see what sounds good for dinner tonight:
- Chilean Sea Bass: Garlic-crusted, served with lemon butter and sauteed baby spinach
- Salmon Fillet: Broiled with lemon, butter, and parsley
- Fresh Lobster: Whole Maine lobster served with butter
- Vegetarian Plate: Three of your favorite potato or vegetable side dishes
Signature Sides to Complement Your Seafood Meal
Now that you’ve decided on an entree, it’s time to look at all our signature side dishes. Don’t worry; nearly all of them are pescatarian-friendly! Some crowd favorites include our New Orleans-style Creamed Spinach, Mashed Potatoes with a hint of roasted garlic, and our Lobster Mac & Cheese with a zesty parmesan cheese topping.
If you follow a pescatarian diet, try any of the Ruth’s Chris Signature Sides listed below:
- Potatoes: Mashed Potatoes, Potatoes Au Gratin, Julienne Fries
- Vegetables: Creamed Spinach, Grilled Asparagus, Cremini Mushrooms, Fresh Broccoli
- Other Sides: Sweet Potato Casserole, Steak House Mac & Cheese, Lobster Mac & Cheese, French Fried Onion Rings
If you opt for the Vegetarian Plate entree, you’ll have all the side dishes above to choose from! The tough part will be narrowing your selection down to just three. You may just have to return multiple times to try them all—and that’s fine by us.